Membership is available to any person who:
· Has an interest in the visual arts
· Is at least 15 years old
· Supports the Guild’s mission and objectives
· Agrees to abide by CAG policies and procedures
Membership responsibilities include:
· Adhering to the Guild mission and objectives
· Abiding by the Guild’s bylaw, policies and procedures
· Participating in CAG meetings and other events
· Volunteering a minimum of ten hours per year
· Protecting the integrity and promoting the public image of the Guild and its members
Our Guild is administered by an Executive Committee of eight directors in response to the strategic direction of the membership. The Executive Committee is supported by an additional twelve positions that tend to the various tasks associated with an effective organization.
The Guild is wholly dependent on the commitment and contributions of the persons who volunteer to take on various responsibilities. Our challenge and goal is to make the organization administratively efficient thereby reducing the demands on our volunteers. To that end, we support and encourage job sharing were possible and appropriate.
Annual membership costs $50.00 per person, $80.00 per family, or $40.00 for associate membership payable by 01 April. There is a reduced fee of $35.00 for new members who join after 01 October (not applicable to persons who have been previous members).
Full membership includes the right to vote and the opportunity to show art in any group show.
Family membership includes one or both parents and eligible dependent children. It includes the right to vote and the opportunity for eligible family members to show art in any group show. The family shall be entitled to only one vote.
Associate membership is available to any person who wishes to support the Guild but it does not include voting rights or the privilege to show art.
According to the CAG Bylaw, at least 85% of the membership must be full or part-time residents in the Bow Valley (communities of Lake Louise, Banff, Canmore, Exshaw and Morley). If you reside elsewhere, please contact Leila McDowell, the Membership Coordinator (403-614-8607 firstname.lastname@example.org) before completing your registration. Thank you.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
As a CAG member, you:
· Will be part of a warm and welcoming community of supportive artists that share your artistic interests
· Have opportunities to learn from fellow artists through informal discussions and more structured events (workshops, plein-air painting, etc.)
· Have opportunities to support and develop the visual arts in Canmore
· Can exhibit your art in the beautiful CAG gallery as part of our regular shows
· Can hold a private show (or a show with a few friends), from time to time, as per the CAG policy
· Retain 75% of the sales of your artwork; the 25% commission helps to offset the operating costs of the gallery
· Benefit from discounts provided by a number of stores (see below) and Artsplace (10% discount on programs and 20% discount on renting space)
· Can be the curator for any invitational or travelling exhibits in the CAG gallery
· Have a direct role in the direction of CAG through the election of Executive members and participation in the monthly General meetings
· Can attend the CAG Christmas party and other social events that are organized from time to time
In return, CAG expects you:
· ‘Sit’ the gallery for a modest number of hours per show when your art is on display, and other shows as time permits
· Engage gallery visitors (who show an interest) in a discussion of the art on display
· Take an active role in the administration and operations of the Guild through assuming a volunteer role on an on-going or ad hoc basis.
Businesses offering a discount to CAG members:
10% discount on all programs
20% discount on facility rentals
Free liability insurance on facility rentals
Free premium advertising/exposure opportunities – program guide (quarterly), website, advertising features in media partners (Outlook, Mountain FM, Highline), Movie pre-roll
Advertising rate discounts with media partners
Discounts at participating local retailers
Call 403-609-2623 for more information
Kensington Art Supply
120, 6999 – 11th Street SE, Calgary
10% discount on all items (excluding on-sale items)
Sunny Raven Framing and Art Supplies
156, 105 Bow Meadows Crescent, Canmore
10% discount on custom framing and art supplies (excluding items on sale)
Kuva Print And Frame
www.printandframe.ca 10% discount. Use code cag during checkout online, or mention you are a member in person.
email@example.com 403-763-0969 | Toll free 1-888-751-4966
Swinton’s Art Supply
7160 Fisher St. SE, Calgary
T: 877-860-3500; 403-258-3500
15% discount of all regular priced items